Information We Collect
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as but not limited to a unique username, a password, an email address, a phone number, and your date of birth.
We generally do not share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with other companies. You can sign into your account to see any personally identifiable information we have stored, such as your name, email, address or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see this information.
· Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
· Location Information: when you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
· Social Information:
How we use your information
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
We use mobile analytics tools to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications. These tools may record information about your usage, including how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, and where the application was downloaded from.
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we may work with partners who use mobile SDKs, including the Parse Messaging SDK, to passively collect information (collectively, “SDK Information”), which generally helps us deliver personalized notifications. This data may also be used to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers for the purposes of customizing ads or content. Depending on the permissions granted to this application, this information might include personally identifiable information (PII) including your e-mail address. This information may also include precise location (i.e. GPS-level data) or WiFi information, apps you have installed and enabled, and your mobile identifier (e.g., Android Advertising ID).
Opting-out of Push Notifications
You may in most cases opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications,” and then changing those settings for some or all of the apps on your device. (Different device configurations, or updates to devices, may affect or change how these settings work.)
Links to Other Websites
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do, we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.